Mount Pleasant Road Trip

A few years back I used to drive out to Mount Pleasant, Michigan for, "Soaring Eagle Superstars." A karaoke contest held every summer, all summer long.


Basically Jimmy, and our friends and I would drive up there, drink a bunch of beer, sing out guts out and  hope to make top 6.  Which we never did.


This summer we decided to go back and give it a whirl.  Same old story, Emily and I drank a lot too much beer, and ate a bunch of these crazy delicious pickles that were the size of my arm... That aside I sang one of my favorite songs of all time, "Because The Night" from Patti Smith.


That women is amazing, her sandpaper voice is perfect to me and tapping my inner Patti was way too much fun ;)


I did NOT make top 6 haha, not that I truly expected to.  If I had I think I may have been a bit screwed considering that the top 6 has to sing a second song and I wouldn't have been at all prepared to go up there again!


Ahhh, it was a fun Saturday adventure to say the least, I even had 2 people comment that they "Thought I was a shoe in for top 6"  So at least I didn't butcher it!


soaringeagle1 soaringeagle2 soaringeagle3 soaringeagle4

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram