I Got Married Part 1

Everyone tells you, "Enjoy your wedding, it goes by so fast!"  I didn't think much about it during the wedding but I can truly say now, a truer statement has never been said!

This post is broken up into 3 parts!  Part 1, is purely my ceremony.  Because that much crazy shit happened between the hours of 8AM and 3PM!

First off, I don't want to sit here and spout out advice on what to do when you get married, or what not to do because lets be honest, I don't have a freaking clue.  I think my wedding was fabulous and that is what matters the most! 

A bunch of my bridesmaids and I stayed together in my hotel room over at the Courtyard Mariott.  We crammed 6 of us in 1 room.  It was glorious. We woke up ready to head to the salon for our hair appointments and get this thing started.  Little did I know this was going to be the day of the annual Holiday Parade in down town Grand Rapids.  A PARADE!  What the freak man!  We walk outside to the pounding of drums and the loud scream of children scrambling to pick up candy off the streets from the floats.



Getting our car out was a bit of a struggle BUT we managed and finally made it to the salon with 1 minute to spare.  Hair and makeup went basically as planned, mine turned out fabulous thanks to the wonderful Christopher Michael of Brindle and Blonde! 

The salon had laid out a table of breakfast goodies for us, I was so excited, and nervous I couldn't eat a thing, I sipped an extra large coffee, which really just made my insides feel like a blender was going off, but looking back that was probably my cue to eat something.

Two days before the wedding my boss, Tom told me if he could give me one word of advice it would be to eat Mcdonald's.  I stared at him like he was the biggest idiot ever, right?  I should have listened and everything would have been peachy keen.


The ceremony was at 3pm and I arrived at the church around 1:30.  I hadn't ate yet that day and really had only picked at my food the day before.  While my mother was lacing up my dress I found myself rather irritable.  Like every word that popped out of someones mouth I for some reason had the urge to reach over and slap them. 


I knew I was being inane and it wasn't anything anyone was really doing wrong I just felt so unbelievably crabby.  The crabbiness set in and I started to feel a tad weak.  My mom kept lacing my dress and with every little lace, and tug I felt myself feeling a bit more disoriented.  

The dress felt so tight, I couldn't breathe.  I felt myself start to panic and I pleaded for my mom to just unlace the dress please!  She calmly told me that she couldn't unlace it now it was already on and tucked in.  At this point my eyesight was getting blurry.  

I all the sudden knew something bad was going to happen, I looked at my mom and said, "Mom I'm going to puke right now."
She looked up at me like I was crazy and said, "Sweetie you are fine, it's nerves!"

Well that was when I passed out...

TO BE CONTINUED!  I'll have part 2 posted tomorrow!  But don't panic, I DID in fact get married, so you know this story has a happy ending ;) 

4 comments

  1. Love this, makes me feel like I was right there with you!! xoxo Very well written and youre killing me with anticipation. Wish I was home, congrats pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish you could have been there! Love you girl! Hope all is well!!

      Delete
  2. and that is why I made my wife eat the night before lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally eating is never a problem for me! I was shocked when it happened! It's funny because people warned me and I was like, what a dumb thing to warn me about.... LOL

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram