Actors Theatre Presents- Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson



 If you have been following me, you probably know I am a musical theater geek! I love the stage.
Actors’ Theatre Grand Rapids recently had audtions for “‘Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” a rock musical about Jackson’s presidency and his relationship with his wife Rachel.
If you aren’t familiar with the show, think “Saturday Night Live” meets Green Day. That’s the best description I can come up with.

Not only is the show hysterically funny, but it’s a limited cast, only four female roles in the cast.
I was pretty nervous going into auditions because Grand Rapids is chalk full of talented ladies. I decided to sing “Because the Night,” by Patti Smith.



I was terrified at auditions saying I was "pretty nervous" is probably under exaggerating.  I love acting, and singing but I am not by any means the best.  While Grand Rapids clearly isn't New York City or anything we have some amazing theater programs that offer the community a very nice off broadway experience. 

I originally was happy to just get a call back for a second audition.  I went back for the second audition Sunday evening where they had narrowed it down to about 10 females and 10 males.  Like I said earlier though the cast consists of only 4 girls!  Every girl that walked up to sing wowed me.  They all had chops and EXPERIENCE which is a major key in a lot of these auditions.

I left the call back feeling proud of myself for just getting there, and I knew I had done my best even though my nerves were rattled and I dropped my keys and hit my head against a ballet bar when I went to pick them up (in front of everyone...)

I held my phone in my hand for like 2 hours straight... just in case it rang telling me I got a part... well lucky for me, it DID RING!  I got a part!  I have a solo, I have lines, I have a REAL part!

Performances of “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson” are in February, Feb. 6-22.
I’ll keep everyone in the loop on how to come check out the show!

We had our first rehearsal last night and let me just say this word, "Magic."  Because that is what the show will be!  I am so excited!


Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram