Sunday, December 29, 2013

Unlisted Reunion Show

I had one heck of a Saturday people!  My husband's former band, Unlisted, had a reunion show up in Big Rapids, Michigan at, The Pub.

I love when the guys get back together not only because I can see how happy Jimmy is to be on stage again, but because they are so talented.  When they were planning their set they had 2 hours to fill, and having not played together since last year at their last, reunion show, they were a little rusty.

Jimmy asked me if maybe I wanted to step in and sing a song or two with them... I was a tad skeptical at first.  Don't get me wrong I love being on stage, and singing/music is a huge passion of mine.  The thing is- I don't exactly have the voice of an angel...

I have been getting voice lessons for the last few years but needless to say I will never be the girl with the voice that wows an audience.  I just like to have fun, and not sound terrible when I am doing it.

We decided that they would split the set into two, one hour segments and I would close the first segment with three songs.  I sang, "Zombie" by The Cranberries, "Wrecking Ball" by the infamous Miley Cyrus and my favorite, "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You."  Originally by Heart, but covered recently by one of my favorites, Halestorm.

We practiced all of one time before I made my "stage debut" with the guys, and while I knew the songs pretty well, I wasn't vocally warmed up and I was pretty drunk once my time came to sing.

Yes... I am making excuses for my lack luster performance.... but I can do that because this is my blog.  I got a little pitchy here and their, I may have talked to the drummer during the songs, and I may have done some awful dancing and completely ignored my audience...

BUT I had fun and that's really why I sing at all (even when it's not so good)

alas I have a video (of course I do...)  Check it out-


No comments:

Post a Comment