February Challenge

It's only a few days away and February will be here!  For January I gave up pop and was quite successful and I am very pleased with the results.  Now pop is something I'm trying to stay off- but for February I decided to give up another thing that's dear to me, candy and sweets!



I love snickers bars, I love doughnuts and I love ICE CREAM!  So this February I am giving it up! No sweets! 

I write this now as I sit at the radio station enjoying a snickers bar, playing Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters". I love candy bars at work haha this will be tough.

Ill track my results here!  Do you have anything you're giving up in 2014 or this month? Comment below! 

5 comments

  1. You're giving up sweets in February?! Valentine's day?! You are brave! I gotta think about this one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's exactly why I am doing it! I figure I have been NAUGHTY lately when it comes to treats, so why not really challenge myself! haha, We shall see how good this goes ;p

      Delete
  2. Huh. I already commented on your post, but it isn't here! Anyway, I don't like to cut out foods I know I'm going to go back to eating because I know I will overcompensate when I come back. I've done it for Lent, though. What I do try to do is substitute for better quality items. Now I can't justify eating anything with milk chocolate since I'm not in love with it when I can just eat dark chocolate (which is better for me anyway). And then I end up eating a smaller amount. It works for ice cream, too (which I LOVE). I can't justify eating vanilla ice cream because it's not my favorite, but if I get the opportunity to eat Bear Claw, that's worth the calories. Now that I read this, it sounds really neurotic. huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about going back twice as hard after giving something up. With pop I am trying to just stay off it. After January I won't be as strict with myself, like if I have one a week then that'll be okay. But with candy it's not so much because I eat it sooooo often all the time, it's that right now where I am at with the play and everything I am eating it a lot so I figure it's a good time to not be on it! HAHA

      Delete
  3. i wish I was following a month ago... I would have gladly given up pop (and pretty much have except for the odd movie or party)! I've reluctantly given up ice cream and processed 'candy bars' (like Snickers), but have no intention of 'quitting' chocolate in general (or beer either). One of the big reasons I run is so I can enjoy my indulgences. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram