Opening Night: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson

Wow! Opening night has come and gone already! We have completed our first week of performances for "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson" 

The schedule has had me pretty insanely busy thus my lack of blogging.  


Above is a picture of Maddie and I in the opening number "Populism, Yeah Yeah"

I was so freaked when the show began, it's my first community theatre role with 1. A solo
2. Lines
So yeah you could say I really didn't want to mess this thing up! 

We both (Maddie and I) killed it though, hitting the notes and got laughs at the appropriate times (Woopwoop! Haha!)


The rest of the show went swimmingly!  We made it through without a hitch and when the reviews came out there was nothing but positive things said! 

You could say I am currently shitting rainbows and stars.  I am not only excited about the show and it's success but I am excited about the cast, they are more than that they are new friends!

I can easily say I love each of them they are all fantastic! 


Above is a picture of Mackenzie and me rocking our matching "best fucking bitches" tanks!  We sported these to the cast party Friday night!

If the week hadn't already been jam packed enough I got another amazing surprise.  One of my closest friends, Katie, who lives way out in Ohio surprised me by coming to Saturday nights show! 


Katie wasn't alone in the audience though, we nearly sold out! I had plenty of family there laughing along with the rest of the audience!  

My dad was celebrating his 60th birthday (that I'm not supposed to talk about hah!) him along with my mom, cousins, aunt, sister, husband, and friend! 


Above is a picture of my sissy, and two cousins Meghan and Katie after the show! 

Alas I still have been running, even though it's been miserable cold and my motivation is unusually low. 


Yeah that was Saturday, my cold, awful, snowy, long run.  Longish I made it 10 miles.  Working toward May 4th when I'm running the Kalamazoo Marathon.  

Hopefully this week I can get back on track- I had what my husband calls "pop weekend"  Yup I drank pop a lot of it! O fell of the wagon people BUT I'm back on just had some chamomile tea and come Monday Ill be back to NO pop and hopefully mile miles will get back up!

2 more weekends of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson! 



Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram