Baby fever!

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.-- I've got the fever, baby fever.  I knew I would catch it because it's definitely a contagious virus that goes around and infects everyone in it's path.

It starts with one couple, they get the fever and have a baby, next thing you know every friend in their circle starts thinking, "man, that baby is damn cute, maybe I want a baby...." and before you know it you have it, baby fever.

Jimmy and I knew we wanted kids but we weren't exactly HOW we would be having them.  By them I mean it/he/she because we are only having one.... anyway, I was born with a rare syndrome, I do not have ovaries or a uterus.  That makes it pretty tough to have a baby, actually it makes it impossible.

Jimmy and me on our 1 year wedding anniversary November 23, 2014


The fever got high enough that we went to a fertility clinic and learned about a few options.  My sister (the one who is a bad ass photographer who took these photos HERE.) offered to carry a baby for us.  WOA.... Now if that's not love I don't know what is.  Dani is going to have a donor egg, and my husbands sperm placed in her uterus where she then carries the baby.  Then it's born and it's mine!

My sister Dani, Me and Jimmy at Dani's wedding in 2012


The process is long, we are on a wait list for the donor egg and that list is 4-6 months.  We are on month 2 so we still have a few months to go.  After that we get candidates sent to us and pick the one we want, we get all their medical information, their educational background, their height, weight, eye color, hair color, pictures, you name it we get it.

After we pick out bio mom we get to start the process, the real fun part.  In a dream world it will take the first try and we will be rolling with a baby.  In a not perfect world it will take a few tries but eventually will take and we will still be rolling with a baby.

So 2016 will be the year of Baby Blankenship.  How exciting is this?!  I am stoked!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram