Book Club Selection: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.-- I love to read and a recent author that has struck a chord with me is Rainbow Rowell.  Rowell is the author of a few hit novels including, Elenore and Park, as well as FanGirl (both I have read and LOVED). 

Last month for our book club we read, "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikery."  I was a little worried when I started the book, it seemed slow and wordy.  It didn't seem like a book I was going to dive into.  I was wrong, way wrong!

I fell in love with the characters, A.J. Fikery became someone I wish I knew in real life.  The story wonderful.  ANYWAY, for March I wanted to pick something by an author I knew I liked, I wanted the chance to share something I love, with everyone else.

So we picked the book "Attachments" By Rainbow Rowell.  I already finished it!  It's not even March yet.  I couldn't put it down.



Attachments is the story of a young guy living in the late 90's when Y2k was everyone's biggest fear.  Because of the Y2k craze he was hired by his company to be the dude who has to read everyone's emails before they open them. 

The story goes back and forth from this guys life, to a series of emails being sent from one of the girls in his office.  While the idea sounds like crazy stalker weird dude, it is not.  I assure you.  If you pick up the book (You get a discount at Schuelers for being part of the book club!) Give it a read! 

We will plan something later in March to meet up, have some coffee, and talk all about it!

For the clip from February's book club click HERE.

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram