No guts no glory

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.-- Running, I talk about it all the time, we all know at this point that I love to run, and more importantly race.  Since my years at Ferris State University I have found myself constantly looking for my next adventure that involves running.  I think I may have found it.

I got into coaching right after college, I started at the middle school level and now am the head track coach for a local high school.  I LOVE coaching, it brings back great memories as well as gives back to the sport that shaped who I am.  The problem I have with coaching is that not every kid is there to compete.

I know that sounds funny, but I care about it so much, some people just don't.  They do it because their friends are, they want to stay in shape for another sport, or they want to just try something new.  Which is fantastic, but my competitive nature tends to overwhelm the ones who aren't there to win a medal and aren't there to try and PR every meet.

I found myself upset a lot, it's not hard to tell when someone doesn't like you and that is particularly evident in kids.  My teacher friends tell me that you learn pretty quickly that you are the adult and some of them will like and appreciate you and some just won't.  I'm trying to relax a little, not care when a workout doesn't get done the way I have told them to do it. 

All this said I have decided to spread my coaching wings (while still coaching at the high school because I LOVE high school track and cross country) I want to try to coach adults, and teens that are interested who want to get better at their race (5k to marathons!)

What I have to offer

  • 17 years of experience with distance running (racing!) 
  • former varsity collegiate runner
  • 3 time Boston marathon qualifier
  • custom plans to help people achieve their best race
  • skype sessions, or chat sessions post work outs and races to talk about what went right, what went wrong and how we can fix it
I currently also use a system of pilates/yoga to strengthen my hips and core alongside my running training.  Basically what it comes down to is I can offer custom training plans that vary in price from 30 to 50 dollars.  With that price I throw in skype sessions or chat sessions online because I know when given a training plan that doesn't mean the hard part is over!  I WANT people to succeed and become better runners and athletes. 


For more information feel free to email me at JackieOnAir@live.com with the subject line "LETS RUN"


Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram