Monday, October 12, 2015

Photo shoot with Georgina Vaughan

COLUMBUS, Ohio-- Once again I made the 5 plus hour trek out to Columbus, Ohio.  This time it wasn't for a pageant, it was for a bit of a girls weekend.

My friends, Katie, Sydney, Kim, Jessica and Teresa joined me for two days in Columbus to shoot with renound photographer Georgina Vaughan.  Georgina is a bit famous in the pageant world having won Miss Nevada Teen USA, then a few years later winning Miss Nevada USA.

Her father is also a photographer, having worked for Rolling Stone for years she told me he taught her tons of the skills she now uses.  So not only does she "get" pageants but she gets photography which usually leads to killer photos!

Georgina tours the country shooting in different regions giving girls all over a chance to work with her for honestly quite the affordable price.  She brings along a team of two very talented ladies who do hair and makeup included in the package.

These are our "before and after" selfies we took! INCREDIBLE hair and makeup team! 

It was fun helping each other pick out the clothes we wanted to wear for each photo, posing and all, we cheered each other on much like we do in pageants.  Did I mention all us ladies are over 28 years old!  We joked with Georgina that we were her old lady group all weekend considering we all compete in the Ms/Mrs circuit now being that we are all over 30 or married.

This was immediately following getting my makeup done, can these girls just come with me everywhere I go?!?

When it came to picking outfits as usual I wanted the rockstar in me to show, I like edgy stuff, I listen to rock, I like to keep things less "pageanty" and more fun!  So Georgina chose out of my trove of clothes a dress I had picked up from H&M years ago for like 7 dollars.  The black dress is long sleeve with fringe hanging off the sleeves from arm pit to wrist.

Georgina also brings along all the accessories so you don't even need jewelry!  It was like glamour shots for 2015
I haven't 100% committed to my next pageant but I have one in mind... now I have some killer photos to compete with!  Here are the final edits she sent me below, PS the dress I am wearing in these first ones is from sears and it was only like 10 dollars!







At the very end we even took a bit of a group shot!  All us girls met through Galaxy pageants, 4 of them are former Mrs Midwest Galaxy queens, Sydney and I are former Miss Michigan Galaxy queens.  Our paths all crossed through the pageant and we have all maintained a close friendship even being miles apart!


No comments:

Post a Comment